Sunday, January 24, 2016

Currently - January Edition

READING: I'm currently reading Wicked by Gregory Maguire. I'm attempting to rekindle my love of reading while also branching out from the typical genres I normally enjoy by participating in the POPSUGAR 2016 Reading Challenge.

WATCHING: I just finished Season 2 of SyFy's original series Z Nation. I love it! If you like The Walking Dead, I definitely think you'd enjoy it. Oh, and it is currently streaming on Netflix. I've also been watching Making a Murderer off and on. I'm honestly not far enough into it to have formed an opinion though.

LISTENING TO: I almost exclusively listen to Spotify these days. And it is usually their Today's Top Hits. I enjoy music but don't have the same sort of connection most people seem to.

DISCOVERING: My love and need for meditation. As an anxiety suffer, I'm trying to figure out why it took me so long to try it. I've been experimenting with a variety of different apps (Calm, SattvaHeadspace) and both guided and unguided meditations. Sadly, they all require a purchase or subscription of some kind.

PLANNING: I've never been on a real vacation... ever. So this year, I will make it happen. Right now, I'm looking at Yellowstone National Park. And my bestie and I are also planning a trip to Crater of Diamonds State Park in the late spring or early summer. I've never really been a beach kinda girl. Giving me wilderness any day!

CRAVING: I've been craving pho for weeks. Sadly, it is complicated to make (authentically) and living in the middle of a cornfield means pho is an hour plus away. I was in Cincinnati a few weekends ago only to have discovered my favorite place had went out of business.

WISHING: As many perks as there are to living in a four season state, I simply cannot embrace winter, cold, or snow. We were pretty lucky the first couple of months of winter but I'm so ready for spring/summer, warmth, and greenery.

FEELING: Peaceful. Focused. I started treating my anxiety several months ago and it has been an amazing journey thus far. With it under control via medication, I have the clarity I need to work on managing it in more natural ways.

1 comment :

  1. I like this little "update" type blog entry

    Think I'm going to steal it for myself :)

    ReplyDelete